I thought since I just posted the B1G1 FREE Feta coupons and Target has the $1/1 Seafood Coupon I would share this recipe. I made this the other day and husband said it was the best pasta dish he ever had! Try it for yourself. If you have little ones like I do I just keep some plain Orzo on the side with Shrimp chopped up in Shrimp Bites since the kids are kinda of picky.
Shrimp and Feta with Orzo Casserole
3 TBS of Olive Oil
1 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
3 Medium Tomato's Chopped
1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley or 3 TBS Dried
2 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Pepper Flakes
2 TBS Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1- 1lb. of Shrimp Defrosted, Peeled and Devained
8 oz of Feta Cheese Crumbled
1 lb Package of Orzo Pasta
1 tsp additional Olive Oil
- Pre Heat oven to 400*
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet on medium heat, saute' onion until clear and then add garlic and tomato and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add Parsley, Oregano, Sugar, Salt, Pepper, Pepper Flakes, Tomato Paste, and Wine. Let simmer for 15 minutes. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- Mean while cook the Orzo to manufacturer direction until al dente'
- Once Orzo is done drain and add 1 tsp of olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- Pour the Orzo into a 9x13 Casserole dish that was sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Add Shrimp to Tomato Mixture and Cook until Shrimp are pink.
- Pour Shrimp and Tomato mixture on top of the Orzo, then Top with the crumbled Feta. Bake for 10-15 minutes until warmed through and the feta has softened.