So last night during our coupon class we had a discussion about Costco. This is such a hot subject for us coupon shoppers! You either love or hate the club store. I personally love Costco and Sam's Club for certain products. I have my own Costco membership, and my Mom has a Sam Club membership. So I am able to shop at both stores.
Just like any store not everything is a great value at Costco, however I thought I would share with you what I bought today and what I feel is a great value for me and my family:
- I love the Camerons Coffee. I usually will buy this at Schnucks, and when it is on sale it is $5.99 for 12 oz. Costco has a 2lb Bag for only $9.99. So I am paying $.31 per ounce vs. Schnucks Sale Price of $.50 per ounce.
- Oregano, Costco has this large container for only $3.49, It is a good high quality organic Oregano that would cost at least that much for a small container at the grocery store, even with coupons.
- Black Pepper, This is only $3.19 for the large bottle.
- Provel Cheese, as I stated last night I get this for only $3.99 lb. Love the stuff!
- 5 lb. Package of Cream Cheese $5.39, I use this to make New York Style Cheese Cake that calls for a 5lb of Cream Cheese, so it is a good price and I only have to open on package.
- Yummy-O Chicken Nuggets 5 lb. Box, $11.99: These are some of the best Chicken Nuggets, and they are very healthful. They have Flax Seed in the coating which provides a great resource of Omega 3's. My kids and even my husband love them and do not even know that I am sneaking in the Omega 3's. At $2.40 a pound they are a decent deal.
- Ok, I do not know if the Ravioli I bought are the best deal, but they are delicious. This month Costco has a $2.50 off Coupon (yes Costco sends out their own coupons). You get two Packages of these for only $7.29 after the coupon, or $3.65 each. They make for a quick dinner too!
So what is your thought on the "Club Stores"? If you shop thier what are some of your favorite items to pick up!